cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Horshkev
Mentor

Frustration no solution to 76 Mbps not working (only getting 37.77Mbps)

HELP !!!Any Idea anyone?

Joined 1 week ago.

Previous supplier Vodafone, no problems, 76Mbps fast internet.

Changed to NowTV for 12month  Super Fibre deal.

NowTV Hub2
Box Says download speed is 77Mbps

Actual when I  okta speedtest or connect with LAN Ethernet port it is still showing me 37.77Mbps
(didnt have to do this before with Vodafone router it was working well then nothing changed on my setup!) 

(Junior?) Tech Support not most helpfull 😞   - they had to put me on hold to speak to someone else. 

They told me it is Not NowTV Hardware problem as they would see it there end! (i suggested swapping out box to try and see if that could fix it but was told NO!) 

They told me to take off all my connected devices as that was slowing it down! I said (just to appease them) i will, but if it does not work after that -then what ?

Was advised (or given no choice) as I was in 31 days cooling period I could cancel.

So i did take all all devices, and also turned off Wifi.

Guess what (ok you know!) still only got 37Mbs on speedtest.

Any Ideas from anyone appreciated, dont really want to go through hassle of finding another 12 month ISP whilst i wait for FTTP sometime in next 12 months. 

Thanks
Kevin

(working in the IT Industry for many years !!!!) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
redchiz1
Champion 2

Try resetting the Hub and then switch it off for a full 30 minutes. This should be enough to refresh any stale session at the DSLAM. If that doesn't fix it then get back onto them, use the complaints number at 0800 759 1213.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
redchiz1
Champion 2

Try resetting the Hub and then switch it off for a full 30 minutes. This should be enough to refresh any stale session at the DSLAM. If that doesn't fix it then get back onto them, use the complaints number at 0800 759 1213.

Horshkev
Mentor

@redchiz1  - You are a superstar many thanks 🙂

Problem has been fixed now. does seem the 30 minutes power down has reset to DSLAM and my speeds are as expected. (i normally wait 10 minutes so knowing this fix has made the difference!  ) 
I hope this can be added to a KB or internal script for troubleshooting these issues. 

redchiz1
Champion 2

No worries. A simple "switch it off and back on again" used to suffice in the old days of ADSL. But with FTTC the session at the cabinet can linger on. It would indeed be useful if this could be added to the information on the help page.

Jayach
Elite 3

The cooling off period is only 14 days (AFAIK)

To be sure what is going on we would need the sync (access line) speeds and SNR readings from the router.

Broadband download and upload speeds explained (nowtv.com)

Jayach
Elite 3

@Horshkev wrote:

Any Ideas from anyone appreciated, dont really want to go through hassle of finding another 12 month ISP whilst i wait for FTTP sometime in next 12 months. 
Thanks
Kevin

(working in the IT Industry for many years !!!!) 

There really aren't that many ISP's with a !2 month only contract, and with your many years in the IT industry, I'm surprised you couldn't give us more information on your apparent problem.

Horshkev
Mentor

Problem has been fixed now. does seem the 30 minutes power down has reset to DSLAM and my speeds are as expected. Thank you for your response anyway.
I hope this can be added to a KB or internal script for troubleshooting these issues.