cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Freeview channels disappeared

I have done all the retuning and factory reset on my now tv Nix with blue writing . Two days ago I lost my freeview channels and kept getting no signal . I have swapped boxes swapped all cables retuned reset and still all I get is All itv channels all channel 4 and channel 5 so 13 channels In Total . When I changed box I got all the channels but could t access them they would say no signal appt from 13 I could access . I returned again today and now this box is only showing 13 channels . My TVs in other rooms that don’t have now tv box have access to all the free view channels but when I set up the boxes I am down to 13. Can anyone help I am at my wits end I manly watch all the channels that I can’t get 🙈 my paid for channels like sky etc are fine 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not quite sure I understand; how many NowTV Boxes with Freeview have you got?

But the first thing I would do is take the aerial cable out of the (first?) affected box, plug it directly into the TV you are using the box with, retune the TV, and report back how many channels you get on the TV.

And we’ll go from there.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem solved went into the loft and someone or something has knocked the booster off so there was no signal getting to that end of my bungalow . Back to full service 👍

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Phew got there in the end.

1459374608815.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Don’t understand how it happened I haven’t been in loft for a while unless when I threw a box up it knocked but I doubt it . No one is owning up 🙈
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Just a theory, but......

Somebody went up into the loft to fetch or store something, and switched the light up there on so they could see.

When they had finished, they switched a switch, but the light didn’t go off.

Instead of switching that switch back on, though, they shrugged their shoulders, found the real light switch, turned that off, and came back down from the loft.

Guess what they left switched off? Should have gone to Switchsavers.....

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.