cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Freeview channels disappeared

I have done all the retuning and factory reset on my now tv Nix with blue writing . Two days ago I lost my freeview channels and kept getting no signal . I have swapped boxes swapped all cables retuned reset and still all I get is All itv channels all channel 4 and channel 5 so 13 channels In Total . When I changed box I got all the channels but could t access them they would say no signal appt from 13 I could access . I returned again today and now this box is only showing 13 channels . My TVs in other rooms that don’t have now tv box have access to all the free view channels but when I set up the boxes I am down to 13. Can anyone help I am at my wits end I manly watch all the channels that I can’t get 🙈 my paid for channels like sky etc are fine 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not quite sure I understand; how many NowTV Boxes with Freeview have you got?

But the first thing I would do is take the aerial cable out of the (first?) affected box, plug it directly into the TV you are using the box with, retune the TV, and report back how many channels you get on the TV.

And we’ll go from there.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you sharing the TV aerial that plugs into the NowTV Box with the blue Now logo on the top case with any other device such has a Youview box etc or also connected into the inbuilt TV tuner on your Television ?

If so, what devices are shared with the incoming TV aerial and have you tried just plugging the main incoming TV aerial directly into the back of the NowTV box and nothing else which includes not running an aerial cable to the back of your Television.

Then try a fresh TV channel scan again on your NowTV box.

Also if you take the TV aerial directly into the back of your Television without connecting the aerial cable to any other devices (including the NowTV box) what's the TV signal like and how many channels are you receiving on your television.

Also when you said a factory reset, i am assuming you went into the NowTV box system menu, under Advanced System Settings and did a full factory reset on the box.

Things like the Sky One channels won't be effected because they work from the internet rather than via your TV aerial.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Another thing you could try is temporary see if the NowTV box works off the TV aerial in the other room that you mentioned that the television works fine in.

Then try a TV channel rescan on the box.

If the box works with the other TV aerial in the other room, this will prove the inbuilt Freeview tuner in the NowTV box is still working and the problem lies somewhere else in the TV aerial chain.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks I am going to try this
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not quite sure I understand; how many NowTV Boxes with Freeview have you got?

But the first thing I would do is take the aerial cable out of the (first?) affected box, plug it directly into the TV you are using the box with, retune the TV, and report back how many channels you get on the TV.

And we’ll go from there.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am using one now tv box but I have another that daughter used to use. I have plugged Ariel into tv and funnily enough I am only getting the same amount of channels . Retuned and I am only getting the same amount . Away to try the box in another room or is it pointless is it a tv problem or signal problem to that point . I can watch any freeview channel in the kitchen
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

After you connect the nowtv box to the TV aerial in the other room, make sure you go into the nowtv box menu settings and undertake a fresh rescan of the TV channels on the box.

If the TV Freeview channels re appear on the nowtv box and remain stable.

Then take the box back to the original room and try connecting the TV aerial again.

If the TV channels on the box are lost or the number of channels are reduced drastically then it points towards either your TV aerial or the aerial wiring.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks I have taken it through to the tv in the kitchen that has all the channels on freeview through the point in the kitchen. When I plugged the box in it had the 12 channels. I did a scan and all the channels appeared in menu but yet again I can only get access to itv channels and channels 4 and 5. The rest are initially there then no signal . Have taken that box back through plugged it in and shows all the channels and no signal have done another scan and now showing 24 channels and this time I have lost itv channels 4 and 5 and now only got BBC channels. Another rescan and still no itv . Swapped not tv boxes and this box shows itv so non BBC but no signal . Rescan and now no channels . Thanks for all the help I think I will have to get my Tv Ariel guy out now 🙈
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Before calling out a professional TV aerial Company have you got a friend, neighbour or family member that lives close to you to try the NowTV box on their TV aerial ?

You might not need to connect the nowtv box to their internet, just need a Television with an HDMI port and a decent TV aerial that is known to be working fine.

Then if the NowTV box picks up and works across all the various different Freeview channels then maybe consider it before calling in some outside help who are going to charge you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for all your help I will take it to my friends tomorrow. I will prob call engineer out anyway as daughter was having problems with her smart tv . I think there Is probably a problem with the plate that the Ariel plugs into . I hope we haven’t had mice nibbling cables . Can’t Remember but I think all the cables are in the attic rather than under the floor and that the box is just inside loft hatch . Girls said tv in kitchen was losing signal as well so looks like there is a problem .
Thanks everyone for your help .