cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Freesat on demand not working with NOW

Hello Community

We have a bizarre but extremely annoying issue… Ever since my mum switch to NOW TV she has not been able to use OnDemand services on Freesat.

NOW TV say that there is nothing wrong with the broadband… However, if I take her Freesat box to my house right next door and plug it into my BT router it works just fine. My own Freesat has no problems but if I take it into my moms house and connect to her NOW TV router we have the same problem of no on demand services.

I am being told that there must be a problem with the Freesat box, however as demonstrated it does work in another house and it does seem too much of a coincidence that this issue began the moment we switched provider to NOW TV. 

We have tried everything from factory reset to checking any security blocks on the line but nothing is working and there is not much point in buying a new box, as we have been advised today, as my new box does not work at her house either!

Has anybody else had this experience? 

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you are using Ethernet between the Freesat box and the NOW Hub 2 Router ?

This is a bit of a long shot, but have you gone into the Router webpage settings and changed the Ethernet setting from Gigabit to Fast Ethernet to see if this makes any difference.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

There is another thread in this link below with the same problem.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Now-Tv-Fibre-Freesat-On-Demand/m-p/481542 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. I’ve read the thread and I’ve tried everything suggested. Rebooted freesat box and router several times. Factory reset several times. 

freesat box tried connecting both by wifi and internet. 

freesat box says it’s connected. NOW TV say they can see the box is connected. Still no on demand. 

Has to be a NOW TV issue as the freesat box works fine with my BT router (NOW TV issue is my mum’s)

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Also if the Freesat box has an option to run over wifi, then i would split the wifi bands on the NOW Hub 2 Router by following these instructions.

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it:

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you however NOW TV have already talked me through that and unfortunately it didn’t work

Anonymous User
Not applicable

oh gosh how do I do that? On the main account page? Will give it a go!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If the Freesat box is also wifi compatible, and splitting the 2.4ghz & 5ghz doesn't help, then try pressing in the WPS button on the front of the NOW Router until the light starts flashing to see if that makes any difference.

Hopefully a Freesat owner who had the same problem will assist you further.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don’t think my router has a WPS button! I couldn’t find one anyway…only power

Anonymous User
Not applicable

D’oh, found it!