Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Forcing pin usage for Live movies

So

Spoiler

whos great idea was it to force your customers who live alone to put a pin in also each time I want to watch a movie rated 12 or over on live TV.. I wont be doing that, I dont need a pin.. I mean I am in my 40s am sure i can select a suitable movie without your help so why should i set one up??.. you might just have lost me for your movies Pass.. Hugely dissapointing.. I dont need a Nanny thx

5 REPLIES 5
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User , 

Thanks for your post.

We’re introducing the mandatory PIN on some live Sky channels to make sure we’re doing as much we can to make our service more responsible.

It also offers our customers more choice to watch content that normally might not be available before the traditional ‘watershed’.

We understand that a PIN may not be needed for certain customers so, we'll take this on board and feed this back to the business. 

Thanks

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All my children are grown up. I have NOW TV in my room and I’m getting a bit tired with having to keep putting a PIN in every time I want to watch something. Why can I not turn it off? It’s the parents responsibility to monitor what children watch. Not the TV Police. I’m seriously thinking of cancelling. A badly thought out idea. The nanny state 

@Karl-F wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User , 

Thanks for your post.

We’re introducing the mandatory PIN on some live Sky channels to make sure we’re doing as much we can to make our service more responsible.

It also offers our customers more choice to watch content that normally might not be available before the traditional ‘watershed’.

We understand that a PIN may not be needed for certain customers so, we'll take this on board and feed this back to the business. 

Thanks

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

But that’s what the parental pin is for.  A mandatory pin, even when just switching between channels is a really awful customer experience, and it doesn't make any logical sense.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Google ‘PIN for live movies OFCOM’ and read as many of the resulting references as you can stand.

From these, you will see that NowTV has no choice in the matter 😥

And also that wherever you go, this requirement will be in force.

But if you can think of a less onerous scheme that OFCOM could employ which still meets their criteria, and put it to them and have it adopted, you would earn the gratitude of, possibly, millions of people.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There's nothing "responsible" about blocking access to channels to those who have paid for them and who do not need or warrant having a pin just to change channels.

So yes, please do "feed it back" to the business, and tell them they've just lost mine for their ridiculous "mandatory" nannying of adults who don't have or no longer have kids.