cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

First impressions not that great

Ok so I set up my account all went well and all looked promising.
Order confirmed and install date set all still looking good.
So three weeks later and it's the eve of my engineer visit no hub received and no notification from Now tv.
After numerous calls I amight told the engineer might may come he may not as Open reach don't have enough equipment to connect me to the green cabinet.
Oddly enough open reach were next door a week ago installing a line and all surrounding buildings have lines.
Ups on signing up service was based on the post code and address I supplied.
This has now been escalated and I have to wait for open reach to decide what they intend to do.
All well and good after taking a day off work to be at home for an appointment that may or may not happen.
I am slightly miffed that nowtv were aware that there would be a delay but chose not to inform me of this.

Might have to consider an alternative provider for my broadband.
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Installation Update

Engineer visit 23,07,19 never turned up

Engineer visit 02,08,19 could not complete work due to another property not allowing access to pole.

Engineer visit 30,08,19 never turned up

During the 41 days of no install I have had various reason ranging from access problems, faults on the line (this is the line that's not installed).

Faults discovered elsewhere, not enough equipment.

This is all despite the engineer on 2nd of august stating that the line from end of lane was set up and ready to go, they just needed to sort out access to the property up the road 

In his exact words and I quote "it can be done just not today" 41 days later and it's all starting to seem like some sort of mini drama