cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Firestick remote control

I have downloaded the NOWtv app onto my AMAZON firestick. However the remote will only work side to side not up and down so I can't access or click onto anything other than whats on the top of the screen. The remote control works fine on all the other apps on the TV. Any suggestions as to how I can fix this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Amazon Fire Stick or Fire TV box is not an officially supported NowTV device and if you have side loaded the NowTV App from the Google Play Store then this App was designed and intended for Mobile devices only.

i don't use my Fire Stick anymore, so unless somebody knows of a workaround then you may need to consider using another supported device if you wish to use the NowTV service.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Amazon Fire Stick or Fire TV box is not an officially supported NowTV device and if you have side loaded the NowTV App from the Google Play Store then this App was designed and intended for Mobile devices only.

i don't use my Fire Stick anymore, so unless somebody knows of a workaround then you may need to consider using another supported device if you wish to use the NowTV service.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @schnapps 

Hi Zoe

Just one other word of caution to add to Schnapps wise advice, when using Now TV's apps or devices in a way they were not designed or intended to be used, and so gain an unintended advantage, Now TV will issue an update that will delete or nullify that advantage.

So, since the Amazon Firestick  is not a Now TV approved device it's only a matter of time before an update puts an end to these devices partial co-operation.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your advice. I’m unhappy that it was not explained that I had to purchase a Now stick & remote when I made the order initially. I’m getting annoyed with it now, plus £6 foot a phone call is ludicrous!
RMM71
Scholar 2

@Anonymous User  There is no phone number for Now TV unless you are a Now TV Broadband customer who wants to talk about your broadband account. The £6 phone number you refer to is a scam that is nothing to do with Now TV.