cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssmward
Mentor

Fibre speeds not up to scratch

Constantly having issues with speed, meant to get a guaranteed speed of 32.4 Mbps, but have been checking regularly over last couple of months & speeds barely get over 15 Mbps. Once i do speed test checks, suddenly it improves but never for long. Streaming is blurry majority of the time, pages slow to open or internet just cuts out.

Tried all the usual fixes & nothing helps, online checks via my account always appear to have no issues. Service has gotten worse & worse & this is meant to be fibre?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6
ukbobboy
Legend

@ssmward 

Hi SSM

You should call and talk to Now TV on:

0800 759 1213

Maybe they can do something for you.

UK Bob

ssmward
Mentor

Thanks, tried that & kept getting cut off. Am attempting online chats now but so far keep being told no chat operators available & now i have no internet at all 🙄

@ssmward 

Are you speed testing over wifi or via ethernet cable at the router?

You need to identify whether it’s either

- a problem with the broadband connection itself (ie poor speed into the router), often due to a line fault when it’s this

or

- a problem with wifi speed between the router & your device(s), which is a common problem.

Two different things, so which of those possible issues have you diagnosed as yours?

If you’ve run the diagnostic check from within “My Account” (which tests the connection to the router) and it says all ok then it’s probably a wifi issue.

ssmward
Mentor

Had already tried all those options, thank you. Now without any internet & after 5th attempt managed to get hold of the technical team, problem is still need to work from home but can't. Tried calling to see if any extra help or refund could be applied to my account but i just kept getting put back through to the technical team or cut off.......any other suggestions before i end up having to cancel my account via smoke signal would be very much appreciated 😏

@ssmward sent you a DM

ssmward
Mentor

Thanks, much appreciated!