cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fibre connection from road

open reach have recently laid full fibre in front of my house although I have full fibre service from now tv the final connection is from my telephone copper wires can i get now tv to connect me to the full fibre sevice into the house

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Simple answer is no. They don’t do FTTP only FTTC.

You want full fibre you’ll need to shop around with BT/Sky etc.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Simple answer is no. They don’t do FTTP only FTTC.

You want full fibre you’ll need to shop around with BT/Sky etc.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks

chilli2
Elite

Do you need full fibre?

If now is cheaper and can offer what you need for the next 12 months then why go for full fibre when you can go with what you have?

the only fly in the ointment is if you are in a copper stop sell area

Jayach
Elite 3

@chilli2 wrote:

the only fly in the ointment is if you are in a copper stop sell area

I don't think that will be a problem, unless you want to change ISP. Renewing a current contract should be O.K.

Grumpyfrog
Scholar

I am also in a similar position and am aware that NOW will not/do not provide the final link to the house. As already stated Sky and BT do, and an increasing number of other ISP's also do so, depending on where you live. Check on the Open Reach site for an up to date list.

You never know, NOW might even join them if they start losing customers

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You don’t have full fibre from Now.

Full fibre is FTTP, and, as you realise, Now ‘fibre’ products are FTTC only, which Now are very careful not to call full fibre.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.