cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fibre Upgrade and Hub 2

We have just upgraded to Fibre and received our Hub 2, but wanted to check is it ok to install the new hub before the fibre activation date? Any help appreciated, thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Unless you are with Sky Broadband or currently on NowTV Broadband and upgrading to NowTV Fibre, then the NowTV Hub 2 will not work on your current broadband speeds until your live scheduled activation date with NowTV.

So i wouldn't bother plugging the NowTV Hub router before this date (unless you are away from home for example of holidays on the scheduled live date).

I would suggest plugging your new NowTV Hub router on the day of live activation and when you see the three solid green lights on the front of the router, then you know the internet is live and good to go.

Just be aware the internet could go live anytime until midnight on your live activation date.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi thanks for the reply, we are currently with Now TV broadband so from what you're saying i'm thinking it will be ok to install before the date?  Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I would expect you will be fine plugging in and using your router now if you are currently on the NowTV Broadband service Smiley Happy

Just don't expect any Internet speed difference until your Fibre upgrade date, where there maybe a short period of time where your Internet will be off when they switch your service from NowTV Broadband to NowTV Fibre. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That makes sense, thanks again Smiley LOL