cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fast fibre line

My street has just recently had fast fibre installed by Open Reach, how do I contact now tv to get the line installed to my house.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Phone them up and see what they say.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Is that fast fibre to the street cabinet or to the premises ?

NOW don't currently offer Fast Fibre to the Premises (only to the cabinet).

If you want FTTP and BT Openreach have already provided this service in your street, then you need to look at alternative ISP's who offer this service such has Sky, BT etc.

Here's an email address if you want to ask the question directly to NOW about FTTP (Fibre To The Premises).

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you rather phone the NOW Broadband Team instead of emailing them, then use the telephone number on this link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Would have been nice to know before we changed to now tv in December, so now we are in this position for another 11 months

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Phone them up and see what they say.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve mananged to speak to someone at now tv . The answer is they don’t put the line in to the house.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/early-termination-charges

So quite a penalty….

I don’t suppose your speeds are below the guaranteed minimum that Now promised you, which would give you an out, or any of the other escapes that Now accept?

If not, and you really want the new FTTP, try contacting BT and explaining the situation.

They may be able to put the hard word on Now and get you over to BT relatively penalty-free, given that Now can’t offer you the available Superfast Fibre 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Grumpyfrog
Scholar

We are in a similar situation. 

I joined Now Broadband in January and signed up and paid for 'Superfast' in the knowledge that Openreach would be laying new fibre cable in our street.

This has now been done, and although I am getting reliable broadband service from Now, (c30mbps) I am not getting the service nor the speed I am actually paying for.

It is very disappointing to learn on the forum, that Now will not link super broadband to my house, so effectively no chance of faster download speeds.

Now have not yet been contacted.

Any options open to me?.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Grumpyfrog 

Why do you think you are not getting the service nor the speed you am actually paying for?

Presumably you are on Super Fibre, and although they claim average speed of 63 Mbs, it is an average and is dependant on the Openreach line. You should have been quoted a personal estimate when you signed up.

If you want to know what Openreach believe your line capable of, look here:

BT Broadband (btwholesale.com)

Grumpyfrog
Scholar

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. 

Interesting link, which I didnt know existed.

The info you asked for - Download speed quoted by B.T., available high 53mbps low 32.9mbps

When I signed up the minimum figure quoted by Now, was 32mbps, and I have no beef with that. As I originally said I get around 30 to 34 mbps and no problems to date.

At the time of signing up, I was aware of Openreach were soon to lay new super fast cables on our street. So, with that in mind,  I opted to sign up and pay for Now Superfast. This Openreach have now done in the last couple of weeks, and I naïvely thought my speed would automatically improve. 

I was not aware that I needed a new line to the house, and that Now were one of the providers that would not lay an actual line, until I read this thread.

I concede that I am getting what Now quoted me, so it looks like I will have to wait until the end of my contract and choose a new isp more carefully.

Unless you guys can tell me differently.