cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

FaceTime and Whatsapp video cutting out

Hi

I hope someone can help me as I have not been able to get in touch with anybody at NowTV.

Since last week or so, when I use FaceTime and Whatsapp video call on my phone on WiFi, I lose the picture (still have sounds) after about 6-7 minutes and the call subsequently cuts outs completely after about 10 minutes.

This is only happening when I am on my WiFi. I have tried resetting the hub, reset my network settings on the phone and deleted and reinstalled the FaceTime/ Whatsapp app and the problem persists. The signal strength is also 'excellent' so that's not the problem either.

Having Googled it, people have experienced this with other providers and it was linked to something called 'Smart Settings' and I wondered if the same applied here. Unfortunately I can't find anywhere in my Broadband settings page to change this.

Any other possibilities or suggestions would be much appreciated as FaceTime etc is really important for me at the mo during lockdown however this problem is making it extremely frustrating.

Thanks so much in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am a NowTV Broadband customer, but don't use these particular Apps or websites.

You could try playing around with your Broadband Buddy Settings in your account or give the NowTV Broadband Team a call.

I have provided a link in this thread below with regards to some information about Broadband Buddy & a contact NowTV Broadband helpline number that i replied to another forum member.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Email-blocking/m-p/547627#M6979 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Also see if my post in this linked thread makes any difference when using the Apps or websites with a NowTV Hub 2 Router.

Otherwise give the NowTV Broadband Team a call.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Dropbox-knocks-out-router/m-p/541670 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly @schnapps 🙂

I changed my Buddy settings to 18 and the problem has persisted unfortunately. I'm reluctant to turn it off completely as they recommend against doing that.  

Thanks again for kindly replying.

Lorna