cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fab fibre issues

Hi I switched over to Fab fibre from Sky Broadband yesterday.

My Now hub 2 has failed to work - it was tested remotely when I called them up and I also had to upload images of the connection I have been told by a customer advisor that the hub 2 appears to be faulty as the connection is correct. I have been told that I can continue to use my sky hub and they will send out a new hub 2 to me. I questioned whether I can recieve fibre through my sky hub an dthey informed me that I can and my speed was at the correct 36mbs. However when I have  checked my internet speed via the google speed check it is only measuring 13mbs for download which is far less then the advertised 36mbs. Can anyone advise me whether it is this low because I am using a sky hub or are Now TV customer advisor fobbing me off.

Many Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

Neither. New services usually take a day or three to ramp up to the maximum speed.

Keep trying the speed checker every few hours, and you will likely see this happening.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have now had the NOWtv hub 2 box replaced and my Internet speeds are still only about 20pmbs for downloads and uploads are typically around 8mbps. Any other suggestions or do I just go back to NOWtv...