cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

FOX Channel constantly freezes, other channels work fine

Hi

I have two tv's, both operating from separate Roku black units and both suffering the same issue.

For a few weeks now every time I select the FOX Channel from the NowTv Entertainment menu the screen freezes after a few seconds of viewing, audio however continues. However, if I scroll to any other channel (Entertainment or Movies) they all work fine all the time.

I've done the NowTv recommended re-set several times but to no avail, the problem persists.

The screen freeze only happens on One channel, all other channels on NowTv, Amazon & Netflix  work fine.

It's got me beat, Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

11 REPLIES 11
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User This has been p***ing me off as well. It only affects watching the Fox channel live, so I now only watch Fox on catch-up.

I’ll tag @Izzie-T and see if she can look into this.

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi All,

thank you for letting me know.

I will check with the team now.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi All,

the team has checked, this issue is not happening at present. 

Could you please let me know please confirm if you have done the basic troubleshoot for unplug device/uninstall app, clear all history on device, smart TV & app. 

And if this still happens, please let me know.

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Izzie-T  As stated in my OP, reset/troubleshoot...whatever you want to call it has been done...several times 

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User 

As our tech team has been using the same device for checking, this problem does not happen, but I am not a device trained personnel.

Please try on the live chat and discuss the box issue with our agent:

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/technical-device-issues/adding-or-changing-devices

Please follow this link and click on the down arrow for getting in touch with them.

Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Izzie-T  @Mark_Weinreb 

Thanks for the reply, but as I'm not alone in suffering this fault and your team aren't able to offer an immediate fix, I'll take the easy route, save myself the headache and just cancel my NowTv subscription

Regards

James

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Izzie-T I’ve just watched Minority Report (live) on Fox. I can happily report that, as far as I can see, the problem with the Fox channel freezing has indeed been fixed.

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have done all the usual trouble shooting several time and I can confirm that I am still having this issue after several months. The issue is NOT fixed and FOX is the only really I subscribe to Nowtv. Seriously thinking about cancelling.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Drop an email to customer services and explain what you’ve done for troubleshooting.

42F5BF22-3237-44DB-9F40-7E3B235C4463.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help