cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Extremely poor speed.

I've been putting up with speeds of less than 0.33 for a couple of weeks now ( i usually get 50MB+). When i run the test on the site it says everything is fine..... Can anyone give me some advice? when i contact them through social media they are completely useless. im out of contract now so i could just get rid.... but ive been a happy customer for over 5 years and reluctant to leave but everyone has there limit.

TIA

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Is the connection Wi-Fi or Ethernet?

if it’s Wi-Fi you can split the signals which might make a difference.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it:

1. Connect your Hub Two to your laptop or computer using an Ethernet cable.
  2. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  3. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  4. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  5. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  6. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  7. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  8. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  9. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

sorry i was rather vague, im using Ethernet via Power-Line. ( my wireless speed is also shocking.)

i dont have a Hub 2, i have the one before it. ( im assuming its called Hub1?). i have tried the reset button and turning it off for a while. the reset temporarily boosted me to 3mb... then dropped me down again to the usual BS within minutes.

Thanks,
Migz

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Give the team a call in the morning to complain and they might send out a new router.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW advisor.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to give you an update, the trained monkey on the other end told me the reason im getting less than 1mb instead of 50ish is because i have two alexas. ( one of which is off.)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Absolutely as @gavs82008  says, call them. They should be able to resolve it, but I would try hard wired to the router first, just to be sure.