cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Eu roaming in the UK?

Hi guys,

if anyone could help me I’d really appreciate it. When I click on something to watch my screen is coming up with the following message “streaming is not permitted at the moment. It looks like you don’t meet the EU roaming rules.” Even though I’m still in the UK and the only thing I’ve changed is my router to a stronger connection. 

Please help! 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the community. There's a few things that can cause this, although just changing your router wireless channel shouldn't cause any of these. If you've installed a new router, check it doesn't have a built-in VPN that's enabled. Similarly check you aren't using a separate VPN or have made any other changes that make it look as if you're not in the UK (for instance changing proxy server settings, using a service to access Netflix US etc - if you have older children in the house check they haven't set anything up without you knowing).

It could also be a rogue IP you've been allocated - try powering down your router and leave it unplugged for at least 15 mins. Then power back up and see if it works. 

If it doesn't then I'd suggest contacting both NOW TV and your broadband provider to get both to investigate from their end. You can send the NOW TV Team a message or get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the community. There's a few things that can cause this, although just changing your router wireless channel shouldn't cause any of these. If you've installed a new router, check it doesn't have a built-in VPN that's enabled. Similarly check you aren't using a separate VPN or have made any other changes that make it look as if you're not in the UK (for instance changing proxy server settings, using a service to access Netflix US etc - if you have older children in the house check they haven't set anything up without you knowing).

It could also be a rogue IP you've been allocated - try powering down your router and leave it unplugged for at least 15 mins. Then power back up and see if it works. 

If it doesn't then I'd suggest contacting both NOW TV and your broadband provider to get both to investigate from their end. You can send the NOW TV Team a message or get to live chat from the Contact Us page

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

thankyou for taking the time to write that reply, I have tried resetting my router but unfortunately it hasn’t worked. I’m gonna try turning it off when I have a chance and let it repower but this dam message is pretty consistent and doesn’t look like it wants to budge!

ive got now tv looking into it and I’m gonna keep contacting them until it’s fixed, don’t want to have to cancel my subscription.

thanks again, I appreciate it!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yeah you really need to turn the router off for a good 15 mins to force a new IP in case that's the issue. Glad you've contacted NOW TV but if you're still having trouble make sure you've also got in touch with your ISP as the issue could be any of NOW TV/ISP/your setup. Did you make sure no-one's set up a VPN or made other changes to the network to make it appear as if you're not in the UK as well? If so that needs to be disabled for NOW TV to work properly. Anyone in the house watching Netflix US for instance is a giveaway!

Hope you're sorted by now anyway

@Andy @Anonymous User Make that at least 30 minutes, ideally a full 60 minutes. Because the IP address lease period is about 60 mins and lease renewal occurs about halfway through each period. You can verify this from the router log.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

Why is this marked as solved? This does not fix it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed, it’s certainly not fixed. Have tried the suggestions listed and the issue persists. Still waiting to hear for a fix from NowTV, I’ll post it if/when that appears. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seem to be having the same issue only started happening this evening! Nothing has changed so iyh my router or anything. Will try turning off my router and see what happens. What broadband provider are you with out of curiosity? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It happened to me too, was working well last week all of a sudden I cannot watch anything...

@Anonymous User wrote:

Seem to be having the same issue only started happening this evening! Nothing has changed so iyh my router or anything. Will try turning off my router and see what happens. What broadband provider are you with out of curiosity? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. I think there’s an issue specifically with Vodafone as I’ve seen in the other community pages.