cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ethernet1
Advocate

Ethernet ports

Hi, 

I received my Now router a week and a half ago.

I have 3 green lights working (after a phone call) so have WiFi but the Ethernet ports aren’t working 

can you help please ?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
chilli2
Elite

What are you connecting to via Ethernet? as far as i know somewhere in the router settings is something called high speed Ethernet/fast Ethernet, try turning  this on or off

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ethernet1 

You don’t get staff from NOW on here providing broadband support. Any support that is customers can’t help with you will need to call the broadband team.

Have you tried doing a factory reset to the router?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
chilli2
Elite

What are you connecting to via Ethernet? as far as i know somewhere in the router settings is something called high speed Ethernet/fast Ethernet, try turning  this on or off

Ethernet1
Advocate
Thanks, how do I turn this on or off ?
chilli2
Elite

You will need to access the router settings - when i had a play with the Now router i saw it in there, but as i dont use the now router ( i use my own router) i cant guide you to it

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Ethernet1 

Have a read of my instructions in this link thread below on how to access the NOW Hub 2 Router webpage Settings to change from Gigabit Ethernet to Fast Ethernet.

Also on the same Router Settings page have a play around with the Ethernet Energy saving button.

If you have tested multiple devices plugged directly into both Ethernet ports and none work, then you may have a NOW Router with two faulty Ethernet ports.

Somebody on the Community Forum came across this and once they received a replacement NOW Hub 2 Router without changing any settings on the replacement Router both Ethernet ports worked fine out of the box.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/PC-Mac/Ethernet-not-working-on-one-device/m-p/546335 

Ethernet1
Advocate
Hi
Thanks for your help.
I’ve tried going on the hub website, but when clicking on Ethernet it says 401 unauthorised.
Don’t worry, I’ll cancel NOW and go back to my old Vodafone provider (with 4 working Ethernet ports)
Thanks for your support
Max
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Ethernet1 

If you are getting a 401 message then this usually means it's blocked or non accessible or non existent.

What I would try is another device and internet browser (using the Router Wi-Fi network) when typing in the url address bar.

If you was using a PC then try a smartphone or tablet internet browser over wifi (I usually use Chrome internet browser via my tablet to access the NOW Hub 2 Router webpage settings).

Make sure the web address typed into the url address bar of 192.168.0.1 doesn't auto correct to something different.

When you click on the Ethernet tab from the NOW Hub 2 Router webpage settings screen it should prompt you for the username and password, if you haven't changed it, you need to type admin for the username and nowtv for the password (all lower case).

You could try going into your NOW online account and switch off the global Broadband Buddy settings, though I doubt this will make any difference or affect web access to the NOW Hub 2 Router webpage Settings.

chilli2
Elite

It does, to me seem a  little odd ditching an ISP on the grounds that the router is rubbish/doesnt perform well  when you can fix the issues yourself. Even if you factor in the cost of your own router and then divide that by 12 ( length of now contract) then add it back to your monthly bill, odds on Now will work out better value than most other ISPs

For me the key factors in choosing Now over something more expensive  is stability of the connection and price