cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ethernet and USB on the NOW Hub 2

Today I have been connected to NOW Broadband for first time, however the NOW Hub 2 doesn’t have a USB port which I need for our security camera system. I have tried an adapter using the ethernet port to USB connector but it is not recognising the cameras. Is it possible to use this adapter or do NOW do hubs with a USB port I could purchase? Thanks David Wood

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Unless another forum member knows the answer or no results come up in the Community search box when typing into the search box.

Then maybe type something in the Google search like "Sky Router no USB port" or something along those lines to see if anybody has found a work around or solution.

Sorry can't help any further where my IT and Networking knowledge is non existent and i am more of an AV guy and only know the basics when it comes to IT stuff and dabble more with Audio Visual equipment (not security cameras).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Edit - I have removed my reply, where i didn't read your post properly and thought it was additional Ethernet and not USB you was seeking on the NOW Hub 2 Router (my bad  😡).

From my understanding none if the NOW Routers offer a USB port on them.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Unless another forum member knows the answer or no results come up in the Community search box when typing into the search box.

Then maybe type something in the Google search like "Sky Router no USB port" or something along those lines to see if anybody has found a work around or solution.

Sorry can't help any further where my IT and Networking knowledge is non existent and i am more of an AV guy and only know the basics when it comes to IT stuff and dabble more with Audio Visual equipment (not security cameras).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, I’ll try that next. 👍

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Might be a good idea to un mark the accepted answer given by me, until hopefully you find an answer on the Community Search section (doubt there will be much about USB port usage on the NOW Hub Router, but no harm giving it a go).

Or by doing a Google search with Sky Router in question, where the NOW Hub 2 is a clone of the Sky Q Hub Router and there will be more customers having Sky Broadband, than Sky sister company NOW Broadband.

Hope you find a workaround and if so, please post back how you managed it, where it might also help others with a similar setup.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok many thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to reply to me anyway.

I have now been able to use an ethernet/male to USB/female adaptor and take the power lead to the camera system from a basic plug + usb cable.

Now thats its all in place, very happy with the new NOW Hub and broadband system, I wanted a short term contract rather than 12 or 24 months as I hope to find a tennant for my property soon, but didn't want to loose the ability to retain the security cameras in the meantime.

Kind Regards David