cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code -1

Hello, I’ve been with now tv for a while and never had any issues. We had to replace our old sky hd+ router and got a sky q router instead even though we don’t have sky q.
My now tv app can cast to a tv and gets as far as loading a film but then stops with error code -1 and check for updates.
Can anyone help?
2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you are casting with a Chromecast ?

If so, i would try a couple of things below.

1. Delete and re install the NowTV App on your phone or tablet.

2. Delete and re install the Chrome Cast App on your phone or Tablet.

3. Factory Reset the Chromecast dongle by holding down the rest button for about 15 secs.

4. Separate the 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi bands on your Sky Q Router and try your phone / tablet and Chromecast on the 2.4ghz especially if your Chromecast is the mark 1 version.

Here's how to split the frequency based on a NowTV Hub 2 (should be similar to the Sky Q Router).

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “sky" as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If none of the above works, then i have run out of ideas where i don't use Chromecast when watching NowTV.

Though Error 1 has cropped up in the past with the Sony PlayStation and i don't know it the Error code is related across different platforms, where a few PS owners resolved it by going into the Settings on their PlayStation and changing the time & date from automatic to manual.

Perhaps try the same on your phone or tablet.