cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error Code PL-0 on Fire Stick

I've had Now for about three months with no issues. Since yesterday when I watch the live entertainment channels, I get the PL-0 Error Code. It comes straight back on but is getting really annoying.

I am streaming through a newer Fire Stick. I cleared the cache which didn't help, tried a force stop with no luck and uninstalled and reinstalled but still have the same problem every 5 to 10 minutes.

Any other suggestions?  All my other streaming apps are working fine as do the movies on Now just the live TV.

12 REPLIES 12
leafyarbour
Mentor

Also getting this on Fire Stick 4K Max. Only happening on live TV. In my case when I clear the message it will play for a minute or so but it comes back again.

Looks like a NOW problem as all other streaming services are fine.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @leafyarbour 

Make sure the stick is fully updated. Often I found apps no longer work if the system requires an update.

Which sometimes happens weekly. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
leafyarbour
Mentor

Thanks - that has fixed it now. Fire Stick always gets lots of updates so something to keep an eye on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Also just started seeing this over the last few days on the “Now” Android TV app…

Streams live TV for 5-10mins then drops out with Error code: PL-0

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Is this on the Amazon fire stick?

If so make sure it’s got the latest system update.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I thought uninstalling and reinstalling would give me to the latest version but thanks, I'll try it again in the morning.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It only gives you the latest version of the app, not the system software that the devcie runs on. If the device system software is not fully updated then its unlikely apps will work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

Thanks, updated the stick itself this morning and seems to be working fine now

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

I spoke too soon still having the same problem any other suggestions?