cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Engineer visit

New Now BB installation soon, My first post so Hello to all.

I have a pending visit booked to get my Fibre BB and router up and running. My phone wire is not connected from the box outside the house ( it's on he house wall on the outside) to the box inside the property, will this be a straight forward job or chargable as an extra?

Also, I need an extra ethernet port as the router provided (Hub 2) has only 2 ports can anyone recommend a switch to provide this extra port out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Can't help with the first part of your question, but with regards to an additional Ethernet port required on the Hub 2 router look at an un managed 5 port Gigabit switch which would cost around about £10 to £15

I use an 8 port Trendnet un managed Gigabit switch and it works flawlessly with my NowTV Hub 2 Router. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Can't help with the first part of your question, but with regards to an additional Ethernet port required on the Hub 2 router look at an un managed 5 port Gigabit switch which would cost around about £10 to £15

I use an 8 port Trendnet un managed Gigabit switch and it works flawlessly with my NowTV Hub 2 Router. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Schnapps,

The switch mentioned seems to be the best in terms of value, economy (green version) and service at £10.19 I'll be ordering one. You can pay alot more for similar or lesser devices if you don't research or take advice so thanks for taking the time to post and recommend this model.

As for the Technicians visit, no issues with the work required this was completed speedily and on time by two true professionals following  constant communications regarding the appointment and the ongoing work.  A credit to their Company. So off we go at less than 1/2 the price of the previous suppliers tariff, much less speed down ( I knew this) twice the speed up. No issues encountered with anything I'm doing up to present.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Glad the engineers visit went smoothly and your nowtv broadband is now up & running Smiley Happy

One quick Tip, if you find that any of your favourite websites or Apps are blocked or don't open, then go to My Account on here and under "Settings & Pin's" change the Broadband Buddy setting from the default age 13 rating to your preferred age or custom settings or just switch it off like i have done.

I have been using my Trendnet unmanaged 8 Port Gigabit switch for about 5 years and it was simple to install (plug & play) and hasn't missed a beat in all the time that i have owned it.

Think i paid somewhere around £15 where the 5 port version was a couple of quid cheaper.

This is the newer version of the Trendnet switch that i use and the black & green colour scheme matches the nowtv hub 2 router Smiley Happy

http://www.trendnet.com/products/unmanaged-switches/8-port/TEG-S80g

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Unfortunately, the Internet is unattainable. The quality of the picture is very poor. Therefore it is not worth paying.

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried pressing the small reset button on the back of the hub router ?

There might be a fault somewhere on the line, have you gone to Technical Checks on here and what download and upload results does it show at the hub router after doing the line check ?