cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Engineer visit didn’t happen

Hi an open reach engineer came to fit a socket and phone line to my house on Friday. The engineer fitted the phone socket then said he needed different ladders to fit the line to the telegraph pole. He said he would go and do another job then come back. He never came back so I now how lines sitting on my hedge waiting to be fitted and no internet. I work from home so this is really inconvenient. I’ve rang now and they said they will file a complaint with open reach but it could take 72 hours or more! This is not good enough. I should have had internet activated on Friday and now it’s going to cause me more business disruption. Anyone else had a similar complaint and how was it resolved? 

11 REPLIES 11
redchiz1
Champion 2

It should be done automatically, if they don't notify you chase them up. But again it happened in my case and it all came through smoothly. It will be credited against your account. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Getting Now Broadband when you have a business requirement is like getting a Ford Fiesta when you need a Ford Transit.

Perfectly nice, and entirely adequate, for simple domestic use, but beyond that….. 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.