cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Engineer visit didn’t happen

Hi an open reach engineer came to fit a socket and phone line to my house on Friday. The engineer fitted the phone socket then said he needed different ladders to fit the line to the telegraph pole. He said he would go and do another job then come back. He never came back so I now how lines sitting on my hedge waiting to be fitted and no internet. I work from home so this is really inconvenient. I’ve rang now and they said they will file a complaint with open reach but it could take 72 hours or more! This is not good enough. I should have had internet activated on Friday and now it’s going to cause me more business disruption. Anyone else had a similar complaint and how was it resolved? 

11 REPLIES 11
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Keep pestering the broadband a call to get it sorted. Unfortunately NOW are reliant on OpenReach for getting anything done with the supply.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW advisor.

Sorry for not being much help as I’m a customer like you and don’t have broadband with NOW.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks very much Gary.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why did you need a new line? Are you ex-Virgin or new to the property?

I think one of the problems is Openreach are concentrating on the Full Fibre roll out and the copper side is reduced to a minimum and focus on maintenance rather than new installs.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes it’s a new home and only ever had virgin connection.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Yes it’s a new home and only ever had virgin connection.

In that situation, I would have gone with Virgin, until such time as FTTP becomes available.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Fttp is available in every other house other than mine. When I say new home, I mean it’s new to me living there. The house was built in 1890 and never had a phone line. I’ve left virgin due to their ridiculous prices.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Fttp is available in every other house other than mine. 

That seems most unfortunate, Now don't do FTTP, so have you checked it isn't available with anyone else? (BT or Sky)

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User Keep pushing NOW by phone, have they not given you any updates? They did get in touch with me when Openreach delayed a  connection. One thing you can console yourself with is the knowledge that they are bound to give you automatic compensation at the rate of £5.04 per day from when your service was due to go live until it is finally activated. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Really? How do they refund this?