cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Foto
Observer

Engineer sudden show up

Today an engineer sudden show up and ask if my broadband connection have some problem. He then change the socket for me. Is that normal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Foto 

Is today your live activation date with NOW Broadband and you was on a "Self install" where maybe the BT Openreach Engineer picked up a fault during the street cabient testing and needed to swap out the BT Master telephone socket (this happened to my Dad).

Or was it a visit out of the blue ?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Foto 

Is today your live activation date with NOW Broadband and you was on a "Self install" where maybe the BT Openreach Engineer picked up a fault during the street cabient testing and needed to swap out the BT Master telephone socket (this happened to my Dad).

Or was it a visit out of the blue ?

Foto
Observer

My activation date was about 2 weeks ago and was a ‘self install’. Exactly as you said, he said they picked up some fault during a testing so they show up to fix it and at the end he replaced the old socket with a new one. I was a bit curious so I want to see if anyone had experienced this before. Thanks for your reply.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Foto 

With my Dad the BT Openreach Engineer knocked on his door the same day his NOW Broadband "Self Install" activation date happened.