cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Engineer please

Hi,

I need an engineer to visit to replace the junction box from the external telephone cable coming into my house to my telephone cable wired to my living room.

Can anyone help on here? 

Steven

3 REPLIES 3
Jayach
Elite 3

You really would be better off engaging a local electrician to do that.

If the need to have it done involves health and safety, Now should be able to get Openreach to do it.

Can you explain more about why it is required? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

I moved into an old house that needed renovation, the engineer who linked me to the mains did a bodge job and used electrical cable joiners covered with electrical tape, as the house was being renovated at the time and promised to come back to properly fix but never did, this was with my old supplier Talk Talk. Since then the works have been completed and a new junction box is now required and mains socket to be located in the living room as it originally was before I started the renovation works.

I contacted Now TV Broadband call centre and am hoping they have arranged an engineer to visit. 

I didn't know a normal electrician could sort this so if the engineer doesn't show up I will try an electrician.

Steven

Jayach
Elite 3

@Anonymous User wrote:

I didn't know a normal electrician could sort this so if the engineer doesn't show up I will try an electrician.

At one time Openreach insisted they should be the only ones who could work on the cabling up to the master socket.

However since the copper is all due to be replaced soon, they won't complain as long as it is done to a professional standard, as they are concentrating on the full fibre rollout.

Hope it goes well and the Openreach engineer is able to complete the job.

Do let us know how it goes.