cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Engineer no show and no definite day for another appointment

I waited a whole day for the engineer to come and setup my line on the appointment day just to know that no one would show up. The telephone service could not give me any answers to how this issue will be resolved and no solution on another appointment date or time. I just want to know, when will I have internet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

We are all customers like you here so we can only go on speculation. 

Pestering the broadband team is the only way around this one.

However NOW are fully reliant on OpenReach for getting your connection setup.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

We are all customers like you here so we can only go on speculation. 

Pestering the broadband team is the only way around this one.

However NOW are fully reliant on OpenReach for getting your connection setup.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You may not get an engineer to come to your home. Have you connected the router to see if it works?

Are you swapping from another ISP, or is this a new install?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its a new install. I was told they need to send a engineer to setup a port with BT line as I used to be with Virgin media.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There are a number of threads on this and other forums where ex-Virgin customers are trying to get BT/Openreach copper lines installed, but are having delays.

This seems to be due to the fact that Openreach have scaled back the copper side of their operations in favour of the FTTP (full fibre) roll out.

I think the belief was they would only be doing repairs, but hadn't figured on Virgin putting up their prices so high that they would drive their loyal customers away.

Do you have an unused Openreach line or do you need a new one installed? How are the BT/Openreach phone lines supplied in your area? (underground or overhead via poles)

Are you possibly in an FTTP (Fibre to the Property) area?