cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Engineer call before visit?

Hi, my engineer visit is scheduled for tomorrow morning and I just wanted to double check that the engineer definitely does call before the visit?

The reason I ask is because I won't be home but I work literally next door to where I live and can just tell them to pop in the shop an ask for me, it said when I was signing up that they would call before the visit but I just wanted to make sure that will actually happen or at the very least they call when they arrive if I don't answer?

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Imwouldn't bank on it personally,probably down to which engineer you get. Just in case I would try and keep an eye out if you can or leave a note on your door.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, my engineer visit is scheduled for tomorrow morning and I just wanted to double check that the engineer definitely does call before the visit?

The reason I ask is because I won't be home but I work literally next door to where I live and can just tell them to pop in the shop an ask for me, it said when I was signing up that they would call before the visit but I just wanted to make sure that will actually happen or at the very least they call when they arrive if I don't answer?

@Anonymous User @Andy I agree with Andy on this one. Openreach engineers have your number and there's a good chance they will call but it's never certain. It's up to the discretion of the engineer but if no one answers they will be likely to call. I would even leave a note on the door for the engineer to call you as you are next door maybe?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for both of your replies, my engineer was due between 8am and 1pm and I got a text from OpenReach at about 7:30 with the engineer's name and mobile number, I text him to let him know where I would be and he promptly replied saying that was fine. He's here now installing my line 🙂

Thanks again for your replies.