cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Enable DHCP on router for cctv system

Hi - I have recently moved to Nowtv fron Talktalk and cannot now view my CCTV cameras on my phone. Camera tech say i need to have DHCP ebabled on my router!

So after over an hour on phone to tech help at Nowtv - no further

Can anyone help or explain hoe I can make my old talktalk router work

Desperate to be able to se cameras

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

You are very unlikely to have DHCP disabled on your router, since it is on by default. So I think the camera tech may be wrong here.

Did you teach, or try to teach, the cameras the new WiFi SSID and password? if not, you need to do that. Or did you get an error when trying to do this, and if so, what was it?

To check the DHCP setting on the NOW TV Hub, log in to your Hub Two’s control panel via your internet browser:

• In the address bar of your browser type http://192.168.0.1
• The username is admin
• The password is nowtv unless you’ve changed it, as you should have

and go to Advanced>LAN TCP/IP Setup, to see what is set there.

If you still can’t make it work, call NowTV on the broadband Help number you were given, and keep asking to be escalated to the next level of tech staff until you get someone who knows what you (and he) are talking about. Don’t be fobbed off that they “don’t support that sort of equipment” - explain that it was working perfectly well with your TalkTalk router.

If you really get nowhere though, give the camera techs another call. Routers are routers, pretty much, though their features vary, and the camera people must meet many different types in their travels. Now you know how to get into the router, as above, he can walk you through the required settings, and you can make them, if the NowTV defaults are not suitable.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Fazza
Advocate

Hi.. did you get this issue sorted?… I’m in exactly the same boat! Any suggestions? Cheers.