cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

EGL Tv not listed for remote pairing

Hello,

I purchased a now tv stick for my mum for Christmas and she has tried to set it up herself.

she has a brand new EGL tv which is not listed in the list of manufacturers to pair the remote. Not sure what to do, can anyone help? Thank you in advance 

lisa 

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Never heard of the TV brand EGL before and a quick Google search didn't help much with very little information to go on.

i am guessing it's a rebadge of another low end budget TV.

Unfortunately the NowTV / Roku data base doesn't cover every single TV and model number for the IR command codes to switch on / off and adjust the volume of the TV from the dedicated buttons on the NowTV Smart Remote.

if it was me i would try some alternative manufacturers such has Medion, Tevion, UMC, Vestel who tend to make under licence TV's for a lot of other low end brands.

Should you have no luck, then maybe go through each code manually one by one during the setup wizard procedure.

https://support.roku.com/en-gb/article/360004786894 

If no joy manually going through the code numbers one at a time, then skip the process and you will have to use the NowTV smart remote without these two dedicated buttons, where all other buttons should be able to operate the NowTV Stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Sorry for the delay and thank you for the suggestions below.  

We will give them a try.  I appreciate you coming back to me.

Many thanks,

Lisa

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, after purchasing one of these tv's myself, I had the same problem.

After trying so many makers the only one that worked for me was the Polaroid maker. 

Hope this helps with your issue. 🙂  

RoyB
Legend

I found a reference that says they are made by Cello.

Cant vouch for it, though.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.