Advocate

Does The Red Button Match Choice Works on SKY Sports on NOW TV

Hello There,

Anyone know if The Red Button Match Choice Works on SKY Sports on NOW TV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TommyBoy
Advocate

Hi gavs82008

Thanks again. Yes I will have a NOW TV Box, so from what you said should all be sweet for the Red Button Footy on Sky Sports

Thanks

TommyBoy

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@TommyBoy 

The red button games are called bonus streams on NOW. See this link, the first drop down will give you the information.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-features#

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
TommyBoy
Advocate

Hi gavs82008

Thanks again. Yes I will have a NOW TV Box, so from what you said should all be sweet for the Red Button Footy on Sky Sports

Thanks

TommyBoy

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@TommyBoy 

Not a problem bud. 

Yeah as long as it's a full month membership (not day or mobile) then you should be good to watch them. Just need to bear in mind;

When a Bonus Stream is available, you'll find the option at the bottom of the Sports page in the NOW app. Don't worry if you can't see any Bonus Streams right now – they'll appear automatically by the time the event starts.

Lola
Advocate

Frustratingly ran into issues with this trying to watch red button games on a laptop tonight.

I spoke to friends who assured me the matches would appear a ‘bonus steams’ (which is something I’ve seen repeated in many of these community responses), but they never did. I missed the match that I really signed up to watch. I made sure I got the monthly sign up to get the red button option as well.

Any advice for laptop users in future when it comes to the red button?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lola 

During the last big tennis tournament that was on Sky there was glimmers of hope with the bonus streams appearing on mobiles and tablets. However annoyingly never came to anything.

There is a good chance that the other devices will be given the same treatment with features, but it's one of those questions 'how long is a piece of string?'. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lola 

For some unknown reason Bonus Sports Streams (Red button Sky Sports service) on the NOW streaming service doesn't cover or support PC or Macs nor tablets or smartphones, hence the reason you couldn't find them yesterday on your Laptop.

Lola
Advocate

Thanks for the reply and insight on the topic.

I gotta say, it really isn't clear on the 'All about NOW Sports Membership' page that it wouldn't be available. It has a big 'yes' on bonus streams. Then when you look into 'supported devices' and select 'laptops & computers' it doesn't indicate that you don't get anything but access to the full sports package.

Feeling a tad ripped off tbh, as had high hopes to access to midweek Championship games during a busy December.