cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does Hub 2 have a rep as a poor router? Internet connection drops multiple times per day

I've been having problems for the last 2 weeks or so, whereby my internet connection keeps dropping randomly, multiple times (usually between about 5 times) per day. Note that it's not the *WiFi* signal from the router that drops, but rather the internet connection itself. The middle light will go out, then flash orange and the connection will return after about 4/5 minutes. There is no logic to why or when this happens. It's becoming incredibly frustrating and I am getting grief from work when I randomly and regularly drop off video calls.

Engineer came out last week, ran a bunch of tests, could see nothing wrong with my line or setup. He made some tweaks at the local exchange, but the problem persists.

Interestingly, I am coming up on exactly 1 year with NowTV Broadband. I had an almost identical issue about 6 months ago which was resolved when NowTV sent me a new Hub Two router. I find it strange that I have the same problem again after 6 months of use with that second router. Does the Hub Two just have a reputation for being a poor piece of kit? Does something "break" in it after 6 months of use?

I'm really at a loss as to what to try now. I'd rather not stump up £100ish of my own money for a decent router, but at least if others have experience of the Hub Two being poor then I might have an idea of where the problem lies.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am facing same issue. How can I request new router?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We're having the exact same issue - 4 or 5 times a day for a few minutes each time. Feels like the router is faulty, so I'm keen to get a replacement. Did you ever get a response? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV sent me a new router, it made no difference 😞 I've changed all my cabling and connections in my apartment, unplugged, reset, rebooted everything. Still the same persistent connection drops multiple times every day. Some days my connection is literally unusable.

I've been having these problems for over a month now. NowTV and 2 engineers have been unable to rectify the problem. It's driving me mad and is making me very unpopular with my employer due to the impact it's having on me working from home.