cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Disconnection issues dropping out constantly - Now TV throttling customers?

Never had a problem until I lost all connection in the early hours of Sunday morning, then this announcement of a "lockdown" and with every man and his dog working from home etc...

Had Openreach engineer out twice now in the last 3 days. First time came to house, the 2nd time just to the Cabinet due to them not allowed in properties now.

Both engineers have said there isn't a problem with my line inside nor outside the house, ports checked changed etc. Yet tests on my PC LAN via NowTV BB website,  state that my BB speed is very slow & theirs an issue. Yet Speedtest shows I am getting what I should be getting speed wise.

Now I am extremely lucky if my BB stays connected for longer than 5 minutes without disconnecting completely. The only thing I can think of is NOW BB cant handle the capacity of everybody working from home/kids etc online.

Its took me 20 minutes just to type this due to my connection just dropping constantly rendering it useless.

24 REPLIES 24
Cinzanno
Scholar

Yes it has NOW on it and yes it is the prime stick however it doesn’t use voice search for NOW only for the prime stuff and I watch more NOW than I do prime so like to use the voice facility on the NOW TV remote… hope that made sense..otherwise I would definitely do that

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Cinzanno 

Whilst I certainly appreciate you wanting to use the voice funcationality on the NOW stick, but considering the device is littered with issues on performance I would strongly suggest to ditch the stick due to being unreliable. 

It will be a matter of time for the voice function to appear on Amazon Fire sticks no doubt. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Cinzanno
Scholar
no i don't think you got what i was saying both sticks have voice but they
only work on what they are for i.e NOW stick only works on Now tv not any
of the other apps on it like you tube, prime, disney+, Netflix etc, and
vice versa with Prime stick its voice only works on Prime not the other
apps like NOW etc... I cant see them changing that any time soon and then i
would have to pay for a whole new stick... unfortunately Im not made of
money and these darned sticks are expensive (for me anyway) 😞

It would just be nice if large conglomerates would fix their glitches
rather than going onto the next fanciful thing before everything else works
correctly.... Oh well I guess greed overtakes quality these days.. so sad.
but thank you for the suggestion I thought of it but i watch too much on
now to give up the voice... I will just keep getting irritated by the
dropping of internet or error in page or.... the list goes on
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone know why error code comes on phone after you imput code exactly as it is shown and not able to connect?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Can you elabroate what you mean by inputting code?

Is this a voucher code for a TV membership?

ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008  @Cinzanno 

Guys

I don't know if my following suggestion will work because I don't like streaming sticks and I don't like machines that talk (yeah, I know I'm a bit weird).

However, I understand that the Amazon Firestick can work with Alexa, so it maybe possible to get the same or similar functionality Cinzanno has with his NOW stick with the Firestick by inserting Alexa into his system.

As I said, just an idea which may, after a little research, prove fruitful.

UK Bob

Cinzanno
Scholar

OMG I can not afford any more gadgets Bob, I wish I could but im not flush at all.. 😞 looks like i wont be able to get NOW soon.. I think SKY lost so many people so they opened NOW up to get some back only to limit it so no one can gain access to it so they go running back to SKY.. not happening for me i had the worst experience of my life with SKY, took a chance on NOW... wont go back if this drops out. it will be only netflix and disney + and prime and discovery which is all shared between family members so costs less than NOW which can only have 2 people on it anyway... SAD DAYS 😞

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Cinzanno 

Yes I did get your point on the voice feature being only for the NOW app itself. 

Anyway NOW sticks are no longer being sold on the website, so from my point of view there will be no more being sold in the future at all. As I reckon NOW are going to be focusing on the app itself rather than producing OK devices every once in a while. 

Cinzanno
Scholar

OMG tell me you are kidding... so when my now sticks goes bang how on earth ami supposed to watch on my (NOT SMART) TV????? I can definitely not afford a SMART TV... that would be stupid of them to get rid of the sticks.. I dont own any game consoles gave those up when i grew up and got old..... that is rediculous. please tell me in the future how do i watch now tv on my not smart tv please....:(

ukbobboy
Legend

@Cinzanno   @gavs82008 

Cinz, you asked, "so when my now sticks goes bang how on earth ami supposed to watch on my (NOT SMART) TV?"

I guess you are asking a retorical question, yeah. So no answer is required.

UK Bob