cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Disconnection issues dropping out constantly - Now TV throttling customers?

Never had a problem until I lost all connection in the early hours of Sunday morning, then this announcement of a "lockdown" and with every man and his dog working from home etc...

Had Openreach engineer out twice now in the last 3 days. First time came to house, the 2nd time just to the Cabinet due to them not allowed in properties now.

Both engineers have said there isn't a problem with my line inside nor outside the house, ports checked changed etc. Yet tests on my PC LAN via NowTV BB website,  state that my BB speed is very slow & theirs an issue. Yet Speedtest shows I am getting what I should be getting speed wise.

Now I am extremely lucky if my BB stays connected for longer than 5 minutes without disconnecting completely. The only thing I can think of is NOW BB cant handle the capacity of everybody working from home/kids etc online.

Its took me 20 minutes just to type this due to my connection just dropping constantly rendering it useless.

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the exact same issues but there is no way to contact Now TV right now as far as I can tell? But sounds like this would be pointless if you've had engineers out and makes no difference. Not sure what to do!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried 3 different routers & finally an old Sky router the SR102 is giving me a fairly stable connection for now.

As soon as I can I'm cancelling.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are getting a better wifi connection on the old Sky Router which only operates on the 2.4ghz wifi band frequency it could be in your home environment 2.4ghz works better on your internet devices.

The NowTV Hub 2 Router is dual band and it might be using the 5ghz higher wifi frequency.

What i would try on your NowTV Hub 2 Router is the 2.4ghz wifi frequency channel band where you can make the changes by following these instructions below.

I have a NowTV Hub 2 Router and done the changes below and used 2.4Ghz and in my setup it works great with no drop outs (might be no improvement for you but no harm in trying).

Otherwise keep using the Sky Router or get out of your contract when you can.

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it.

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice. Whilst I'm connected in going to stick with the old Sky router for now. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

That's fine, but if you ever need to undertake a Technical check by going to My Account > Technical Checks on here or need to get in touch with the NowTV Broadband Team where they may need to do a remote test or check your line, make sure you plug in the NowTV Hub Router first.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having exactly the same issue.  Just signed up and constantly dropping out.  Is there any solution to this, is there a contact No for this company?

Cinzanno
Scholar

This really has nothing to do with your Internet at all I’m sitting right next to my TV with a NOW TV stick in it right now and it has dropped the Internet yet again as it has been doing since before lockdown but worse since lockdown…yet I’m working on my iPad, I am the only person in my house and all that my Internet is being used for right now is my iPad and NOW TV I’ve just run my speed check on my iPad while the TV is still saying Internet connection lost and I’m showing as 56 MBPS! THIS IS A FAULT WITHIN NOW TV and a lot of people are having this problem it’s DARNED annoying, also I find a lot of people are finding that they remotes although have full battery power is not changing channels immediately they’re having a 10-15 second Delay this is also a NOW TV PROBLEM THAT THEY NEED TO SORT OUT it has nothing to do with our remotes

I have both now TV and a prime stick plugged in the back of my TV and when I go to prime everything works and doesn’t Lose any connection and the remote works immediately every time yet when I go back to NOW TV it’s constantly dropping my connection.
it’s NOW TV that’s the problem don’t let them tell you anything else because they love to blame it on the Internet and then we spend a fortune getting engineers out… Remember NOW TV is a SKY product and we all know what SKY have become over the past few years..SLACK!!!

Cinzanno
Scholar

This is nothing to do with your Internet at all I’m sitting right next to my TV with a NOW TV stick in it right now and it has dropped the Internet yet again as it has been doing since before lockdown but worse since lockdown…yet I’m working on my iPad, I am the only person in my house and all that my Internet is being used for right now is my iPad and NOW TV I’ve just run my speed check on my iPad while the TV is still saying Internet connection lost and I’m showing as 56 MBPS! THIS IS A FAULT WITHIN NOW TV and a lot of people are having this problem it’s DARNED annoying, also I find a lot of people are finding that they remotes although have full battery power is not changing channels immediately they’re having a 10-15 second Delay this is also a NOW TV PROBLEM THAT THEY NEED TO SORT OUT it has nothing to do with our remotes

I have both now TV and a prime stick plugged in the back of my TV and when I go to prime everything works and doesn’t Lose any connection and the remote works immediately every time yet when I go back to NOW TV it’s constantly dropping my connection.
it’s NOW TV that’s the problem don’t let them tell you anything else because they love to blame it on the Internet and then we spend a fortune getting engineers out… Remember NOW TV is a SKY product and we all know what SKY have become over the past few years..SLACK!…

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Cinzanno 

You mentioned that you have a Prime stick, can I assume that this is the Amazon fire stick?

If so it should have the NOW app available for download on it?

My suggestion is to ditch the NOW stick and make the full switch to Amazon fire sticks. 

As you’ve noticed the NOW stick is very unreliable for Wi-fi connections. Personally I have one but I don’t use it, in fact it’s not been used at all this year. As I find my Amazon fire stick is far more reliable as a device never mind for the NOW app.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help