cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Disable Interleaving on my account/BB line?

I would like to test this as in our household we do use latency sensitive applications.
I cannot see any noise / SNR values from the routers status page. Is it possible for me to action this? Could be useful to include on my account settings if possible. Then I can test between enabled and disabled.

Traffic Type: PTM
Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps):20000
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps):68069

"Interleaving involves the use of powerful error-correction algorithms to improve broadband speed and stability on long or noisy phone lines. Including Superfast Fibre lines where the connection between the street cabinet and home is over a copper cable.

Interleaving helps make broadband more stable - and in some cases faster - which improves your browsing and streaming experience. However, it can also increase the delay (latency) of your connection by up to 40 milliseconds. If you're just browsing you'll not normally notice this. But it can adversely affect some delay-sensitive applications such as certain online games."

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

any ideas from the community?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Call the Now Broadband support line and ask them? That’s what they are for…..

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
mae-3
Advocate

@Anonymous User 

If you do a ping of bbc.co.uk then if the latency to this location is around the 10-15ms level then it is likely that DLM interleaving is already at its lowest level. But generally speaking a budget ISP would not have the facilities to set the interleaving to anything other than automatic (standard profile).