cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ceiron1
Advocate

Dead ethernet port lan1

Hi had an unexpected power cut this morning whilst asleep.

Now lan1 on the router is dead. Lan2 working fine.

Is there a simple easy way to get a replacement router at all?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ceiron1 

Have you tried holding in the reset button on the back of the Router for around 15 seconds, where this may or may not kick in the Ethernet port back to life.

Here's the communication methods in the link below to reach out to the NOW Broadband Team.

They may charge you for a replacement NOW Router.

I would also consider looking on places like Ebay, Gumtree etc for something like a Sky SR203 Router where a few NOW customers have reported wifi improvements, plus it has four Ethernet ports has standard.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ceiron1 

Alternatively you could use something like a 5port Gigabit Ethernet unmanaged switch with your NOW Hub 2 Router.

There was one on Amazon UK the other day for under £10.

ceiron1
Advocate

I did wonder about changing the router. Tried reset etc. Just curious if it happens again will it kill the second port. Any idea if this is a common issue?

If to swap router what info would i need to set it up?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ceiron1 

I have had the NOW Hub 2 Router for about 4 years now and had a couple of power cuts in this time (no surge or power spike) and the NOW Router is still going strong on both Ethernet ports.

The Sky SR203 Router should be plug and play (it may take a few hours starting off to connect to your internet line).

Maybe type Sky SR203 Router in the Community search box for customers feedback.

I would contact the NOW Broadband Team anyway where they may send you a replacement NOW Router free of charge or just charge you P&P.