cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WRep
Advocate

Deactivate device

Hi. I have changed my password as I wanted an old device to be removed from my account. However I notice ALL my devices just continue to work and don’t ask for my new password. For example, my android tv is able to connect to NowTV even though my password has changed. Any thoughts?

thanks 

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@WRep 

Hate to say changing your password won’t do anything for removing devices. Doesn’t help that NOW also removed the feature to delete devices from your account 🤬

All you can do is go onto live chat and speak to staff for them to do the needful. 
Make sure you click “chat online” within the green box, don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
WRep
Advocate

That’s nuts!  Most companies are introducing 2FA, whilst Now has the opposite in security!

RoyB
Legend

@WRep 

Now have SFA 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB 

Scottish Football Association? 🤔😛

WRep
Advocate

They have told me there is now way of deactivating a device you don’t have access to. So if someone has your password, and you change it, they can happily carry on viewing Sky and nothing can be done. What a joke! It’s apparently with the tech team to solve. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@WRep 

It’s not deactivating a device. You need to go onto live chat and ask for the device to be removed from your account.

To be safe ask for ALL devices to be removed.

RoyB
Legend

@WRep 

Word at the stable door is that you should always Factory Reset any device you plan to dispose of.

Any device, even though Now devices are of two types, those where the logon times out, like phone and tablets, and those where it persists, like Sticks, Boxes, TVs, and games consoles.

As you have found, if Now on a persistent device is kept logged on, then a password change does not affect this.

We used to be able to blow such devices out of Now, but this capability was lost when device limits were abolished, and it has never been restored. I do not know where due process at Now broke down over this, but broken down it has 😢

However do not let Live Chat tell you it can’t be done; you may have used the wrong terminology for what you need them to do, but they should have realised this. Anyway, @gavs82008 has now kindly given you the correct terminology, so go back to Live Chat and encourage them to do the needful!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.