cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dating App Wi-Fi

Hi there, 

Seems funny but it’s a serious question.

My now tv Hub has been activated yesterday and with my flatmate we were really surprised to see there was a problem with dating app on our phones (ex : tinder, bumble). On wi-fi the gps location is always loading and pictures of other users can’t load. 

It seems like the hub is blocking this kind of application and that we’re not really allowed to do what we want with it, so it’s quite bothering.

Thank you for answer 🙂 

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

log into your nowtv account on here and go to My Account > Parental Controls section and turn off the broadband buddy feature.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s working now. Thank you !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

This fix is not working for me. I can't use (tinder or Bumble) while connected to my broadband. I have turn of the Buddy feature and I still can't use my apps....

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you gone into the Broadband Buddy Settings and under Block / Allow option added the web address of these two sites by allowing them ?

A couple of NowTV Broadband forum members have mentioned that they couldn't open certain Apps on their smartphones (even with the Broadband Buddy switched off).

Some forum members had success by going into the NowTV Hub 2 Router webpage settings and disabled the IPV6 function on their Router.

I have done this myself on my NowTV Hub 2 Router.

Instructions on my post on this linked thread below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Intermittent-loss-of-broadband/m-p/528766 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You're are a genius ! It worked.

I used this app Any Router admin: Autologin 192.168 to make the changes!

Brilliant.  Happy Holidays