cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

DSL line down - Fibre

Hi guys,

I have been having issues lately. It's not often but last night it was a bit longer than usual. Last night the dsl line went down but wouldn't connect back again as usual like before. The internet LED goes off and nothing. It was flashing like it was trying to connect back to the DSL but unsuccessfully. I went to the connection status in the HUB settings and it said disconnected as before and numerous attempts to connect back and reboot didn't work. It started working after I have hooked my phone into my laptop and checked the line from the my account Help Centre options. It said that it couldn't find my hub but after confirming what type of HUB I have the internet LED came back on and holds for now. Any thoughts about this issue? I know from experience that you can have all cables connected in your house and at the ISP end and still have the DSL line down because the issue was at the local exchange.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jayach
Elite 3

@Anonymous User wrote:

There is still the old one using the splitter or whatever it's called.

It's called a filter. There should be no reason why it shouldn't work fine using a filter, but yes, give them a call.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Give the broadband team a call and hopefully they can sort it for you. Number in the below link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the prompt reply. It seems to be alright now. Do you know about an alternate option for the HUB? Perhaps some modem-router friendly such as TP-Link? Thanks

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Not problem, sorry but I am not a broadband customer with NOW, so don't have too much experience with the router. 

Other forum users have been able to get third party routers/devices working, if you do a quick search on the community page you might be able to see other threads with suitable solutions.

@chilli2 @Jayach 

Any thoughts I know you are good with monitoring the broadband side of the forum?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that!

Jayach
Elite 3

I'm not on Now either, but when I was thinking about it, I was intending to replace the router if it proved as poor as this forum gives the impression it is.

Any of the common TP-Llink or ASUS modem-router's should do, as they all have the Sky_MER option needed to make them work with Now easily.

@Anonymous User if you are getting frequent DSL disconnects, best to give Now a call. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

forestdweller
Scholar

The Sky SR203 is compatible. No need for any setup changes and gives much improved WiFi coverage. Many available from your favourite auction site 😉.

chilli2
Elite

If the DSL signal is being lost on the router it could be another issue

Is there anything near the router than could cause issues , such as a TV?

do you have a fishtank with a  filter/pump that goes on or off?

is it near a fridge ? a microwave?, central heating system ? or anything else

is it pugged into the mastersocket?

do you have other devices plugged into the phone line or other phone sockets in the property?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, nope nothing near the router except an ethernet gigabite switch. I think I need a new socket. There is still the old one using the splitter or whatever it's called. Just got home and the DSL was down again. It got fixed by doing the technical check. I'll phone them tomorrow. 

Jayach
Elite 3

@Anonymous User wrote:

There is still the old one using the splitter or whatever it's called.

It's called a filter. There should be no reason why it shouldn't work fine using a filter, but yes, give them a call.