cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

DOES POE WORK ON A HUB2

I have a hub 2 and trying to set up my new cctv system. The router doesn't seem to be seeing my net gear POE box. I've tried with other wires and the same issue. I've looked on the router settings and can't find anything either. Is the Hub2 not compatible with a POE? Is it a hardware issue more than a software/ setting issue. Any ideas much appreciated as I'm stumped as to what it could be.

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you using the camera over Ethernet ?

If so, a bit of a long shot go into the NOW Hub 2 webpage settings and under Ethernet change from Gigabit to Fast Ethernet instead.

Worth a go if you haven't tried it already.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi yes it's for a camera and yes I've tried that as read other comments that said the same. Thank you for replying though.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Ethernet switches are essentially dumb and should just be plug and play. Have you tested the switch on another router? Do the ethernet ports on your Hub work with other devices? This should help to identify where the issue lies. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately don't have anything else to plug in to hbe ethanet slots. My netgear Poe is flashing green which means there is a error on the router side as tried with two cables and both flash instead of being a solid green light on the port of the Poe

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What model of Netgear box do you have? Presumably you have a separate power supply to the switch.

The Hub2 can't supply PoE, as far as I know, so it's up to the switch to inject it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a netgear tp link sf1005p. Which comes with its own power supply to the box. @Anonymous User 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've not worked with PoE equipment, but a flashing indicator on a switch port usually signifies the passage of data, it's not a fault. So the LH LEDs are activity and the RH are PoE error.  As the Now router is unlikely to be supplying PoE perhaps it is to be expected to show as error if used on one of those ports.

If you put the Now router into port 5 of the switch and the cameras in 1-4 does it work?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

No it still doesn't work. The reason I say it flashes as on the box it says LH port light. solid green = light 10/100mbps. Blink = Act RH on the same point solid green = poe powered flashing green =poe fault.

When plugged in cable from camera to PoE. Solid green RH. Cable from PoE to router LH Blinking. 

The router has solid orange on LH and flashing green on RH.

So not to sure what the issue is still not working.

@Anonymous User 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you been able able to test if the ports on the Now hub are working with another device such as a PC?