cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WelshTony1
Mentor

DNS on Mobile blocked by Now TV Hub Two ?

Hey all,

New customer switching over from Sky.
I had the SkyQ hub and its the same hub I received from NowTV (since its the same company basically)
Anyway for what ever reason NowTV seems to block any device that is using a DNS for some reason, Why is this? I need to use a DNS on certain devices for my own reasons but everytime I turn them on the wifi doesn't connect to the internet.

Is there a setting I need to switch on/off on the hub?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @WelshTony1 

Have you gone into your NOW online account and tried changing the age rating of the Broadband Buddy Settings.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @WelshTony1 

Have you gone into your NOW online account and tried changing the age rating of the Broadband Buddy Settings.

WelshTony1
Mentor

I knew I was overlooking something stupid haha. Thanks for that, set it to 18+ and has solved the issue.
Very weird thing to block DNS on mobile phones like that but hey least it worked.
Thanks again, kinda feel silly now haha.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @WelshTony1 

If nothing helps by playing around with Broadband Buddy, then if you still have the Sky Router and haven't got to send it back to Sky.

Then use the Sky Router instead of the NOW Hub.

Here's some information about NOW Broadband Buddy.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/broadband-buddy-troubleshooting 

RoyB
Legend

@WelshTony1 

I don’t think it was blocking DNS as such ; just blocking access to sites that weren’t rated as suitable for children, as BB defaults to the lowest age range if it isn’t specifically set 18+, for safety..

Or were/are you using Smart DNS? BB would block that on the age basis, because it doesn’t know where it leads.

But now it knows you are 18+, it won’t age-rate you any more.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
WelshTony1
Mentor

It was blocking the DNS, As soon as the DNS was turned on the internet disconnected, it was saying Connected with no internet. Wouldn't even go onto google.
It's solved now.

But yeah thanks. I normally set it to 18+ instantly but completely didn't think about it this time haha.