cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Crackling phone line again and again. Very dangerous for vulnerable person.

I don't believe this is a NOWTV company issue but of their supplier BT.  Once again my elderly vulnerable mother has a landline that is crackly, noisy and full of interference.  We have replaced everything after the master socket and still randomly but often at times when the phone is critically required the line is noisy to both parties on the line.  The online test shows slow broadband has been identified.

An engineer has been out and the problem appears to be resolved for a while and then comes back.  I am now very worried that one day the crackling will be on the line in an emergency situation.

I think the BT infrastructure between the street cabinet and the property is old and needs replacing hence the random nature of the interference.  However today on Mothers Day I called 3 times to my Mum and the line is noisy for us both.

I find it hard trying to contact NOWTV support as I have to be in the property to perform broadband tests but this is clearly not an issue post Master Socket.

How do I get BT via NOWTV to address the problem properly?  Do I complain to OFCOM?  I'm worried my mother not having good a phone connection is going to have serious consequences.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

So you’ll need to keep contacting Now TV broadband support. You’ll need to raise a complaint that the issue is persistent and returned despite visits from engineers etc.

The infrastructure is operated by OpenReach. Even if you went to BT they will point you in the direction of OpenReach. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

So you’ll need to keep contacting Now TV broadband support. You’ll need to raise a complaint that the issue is persistent and returned despite visits from engineers etc.

The infrastructure is operated by OpenReach. Even if you went to BT they will point you in the direction of OpenReach. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have to say NOWTV have been great in requesting an engineer and have been very understanding.  We've had an engineer last week but the issue hasn't gone away and another engineer is booked for this week.

As you say I think we just have to keep reporting the issue until eventually something that needs to be replaced is.

Thanks for the advice.