cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Constant poor performance

Hi,

My broadband has been all over the place in the past month or so.

Whilst gaming, I will randomly get high ping and packet loss. I then use speedtest and every time it happens, ping is really high on speedtest and speed is not optimal. This happens multiple times per day and has made online gaming pretty much impossible for me to do due to how frequent it is. It will be fine pre game and then go crazy during. 

It lasts for a few minutes at a time but this is enough when gaming to completely ruin it.

I had no issues with previous broadband provider.

Restarting router doesn't really help due to the fact that it happens so often and for a few minutes that i can't keep restarting the router and disrupting the network.

Both my PC and console are connected via ethernet. 

Ping on speedtest is usually 10ms, ping whilst the issue occurs is 80/90. 

This happens at all times of the day and also when nobody else is using the internet in our house

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Are you connected via Ethernet or Wi-Fi?

Have you tried to split the Wi-Fi signals?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it:

1. Connect your Hub Two to your laptop or computer using an Ethernet cable.
  2. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  3. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  4. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  5. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  6. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  7. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  8. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  9. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

nowtv broadband is cheap n cheerful but it is so so slow , my phone network (ee) is a million times better , even my previous broadband provider which was (ee) even there broadband was rubbish but now nowtv is even worse. so disappointed but i guess fo what we pay is what we get i suppose

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User If both your previous ISP and your current one were/are apparently slow, maybe you have a problem.

What does Openreach say your line is capable of? BT Broadband (btwholesale.com)

What are your current sync and SNR figures?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks but my post does say that both pc and console are connected via ethernet

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Apologies bud, completely missed the connection part. 

In the morning call the broadband team to see what can be done.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW advisor.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help