cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BKole
Advocate

Consistent Broadband Issues

Bit of a long and storied history with this one.

I joined in March, this year, in my new house. The internet is significantly less good down a Cul Dec Sac than on the Main Road.

In August, we moved in properly and we noticed that the line struggled, and we had a few days without internet. I phoned support, they took money off the bill and then said they'd send someone out. They then managed to fix the fault on the line and the service was more stable for a bit.

In September, we had the same again, where the internet was intermittently dropping out, sometimes between 10-15 times a day, and making it impossible for me to work. 

I called up support again, and they sent me a new router. I've plugged that in and the issue remains. Called again and they then told me to log into the router and split the bands from combined 2.5Ghz and 5Ghz. I did this and the issue persists.

During that conversation the representative told me I could move from Brilliant Broadband to Fab Fibre, which would increase my capacity and connection. I'd previously been told I couldn't get fibre, but he informed me that it was just fibre to the cabinet and copper from there so it would improve my service.

My Fab Fibre was supposed to go live yesterday, and says to give it until Midnight that day. So, surprising nobody I've done another speed test this morning and discovered that its the same as it was before Max Download of 15Mbps, but Upload of 0.04mbps which means connecting to my work machine, or video calls are really inconsistent.

My NowTV Account says my service will be changing soon but gives me no further information - Am I just to phone the customer service line again and wait to speak to someone to get it turned on properly? Or is there anything I can do my end?

Thanks, and apologies, it's been a frustrating few months of losing a lot of time on work because of dropping calls, internet connections, etc.

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@BKole 

I admire your persistence, but you will have to keep at them 😢

Hopefully, it’s just a delay in the switchover, as Openreach would need to make changes in the local cabinet, but Now should have kept you informed if so.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

I have to wonder why you would have joined on brilliant broadband (ADSL), was fab/super (VDSL) not available to you at the time?

If you take a look here: https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL you can see what Openreach believe your line capable of. If the telephone number check doesn't work, use the address checker instead.