cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Connection drops - why?

I’ve recently moved to Now Broadband fibre from BT broadband. I have the router hard wired into a splitter and then several other devices including a smart tv, Humax box, Now TV and Amazon firebox. 

The internet speed is quick when it works but I can’t get through a single film with it dropping out at least twice. Reconnection can take over 10 minutes, sometimes over 30 minutes. 

The WiFi is even less reliable. It drops constantly even when I’m sat only a few feet away from the router. My WiFi can show full signal but won’t connect to the internet. I didn’t have these problems with BT  

Any ideas why it’s so pants?

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having similar trouble with broadband dropout. An engineer came and said we were about 100mtr from the junction box, so a reliable connection was doubtful. I paid for fabfibre at up to 36mbt but averaging 15mbt speed. Waiting now for Now Tv to admit defeat and end the contract.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Having similar trouble with broadband dropout. An engineer came and said we were about 100mtr from the junction box, so a reliable connection was doubtful. I paid for fabfibre at up to 36mbt but averaging 15mbt speed. Waiting now for Now Tv to admit defeat and end the contract.

@Anonymous User

Sorry to hear you've been having speed and dropuout issues. Have you guys gave our Tech Team a call so we can find the root of the problem?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As mentioned in my post, an engineer has been and checked the connection. I have been in touch with your Tech guys ( when I can get through to them) several times. Promises to call me back are not honoured, emails ignored.....where do I go from here?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, yes I’ve tried 3 times. The first 2 I spoke to didn’t help a lot. The 3rd was much better, she is sending me a new router. If that doesn’t work I will leave.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just spent another 15 minutes waiting, then an apologetic lady promising me a return call tomorrow, having resolved nothing other than techies need to look into my problem further. No nearer now than a week ago. Very very frustrated now and have given them the ultimatum of give me the service I ordered or cancel it, tomorrow.

I think  we know which way this will end. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do i contact the tech team when its a £6 connection charge and my mobile doesn't allow charges outside of my contract?? My smart tv constantly drops out even though im getting speeds of 35mbps upload 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Our drop-out problem turned out to be due to the weakness of connection from the fibre system junction box some distance away, and the telephone type cable to our house.

Needless to say, we cancelled and now use Virgin, with cable all the way to our tv.

I take it your system uses the telephone cable?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ive no idea to be honest the box is plugged in to phone socket?? Its only tv that seams to have a problem though all other devices are fine
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sounds a familiar tale to me. I suggest you put it back to Now tv, to either fix it or cancel. They well not be able to fix it in your location, as with ours.