cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Connection dropping

I’m a NOWTV client since March and until the last two weeks everything worked fine.

However, since around two weeks ago, some of my devices are dropping the internet connection while connected to the NOWTV hub. This happens not only with the devices connected through Wifi, but also with my Android box that is connected via ethernet cable directly to the router.

When this happens the connection still established, with a good Wifi signal, but no internet connection. If I switch the Wifi off and on again in the device, or if I disconnect the ethernet cable from the router and connect it again, it starts working good for a while, but it happens again after some time. Apparently is randomly but usually, it happens every15/20/30 minutes.

Is someone facing the same problem?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem.   My internet connection from a PC via ethernet cable drops after a period of non-use and I suspect that this is triggered by the PC going into sleep mode.    I have altered the Power-saving setting of the PC to "Never" and am currently waiting to see if this has effected a temporary fix.       There must be a setting somewhere which could prevent the ethernet connection being lost when going into Sleep mode, but that is beyond my pay grade.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The setting you are looking for is called ‘Wake-On-LAN’ and this will ensure that when the laptop goes to sleep, the Ethernet connection stays alive, in case there is a remote signal to wake the laptop up again.

Here’s some info on how to enable it:-

https://www.howtogeek.com/70374/how-to-geek-explains-what-is-wake-on-lan-and-how-do-i-enable-it/

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can rarely connect my android phone to my home network. I get connected but no internet most of the time. All the fixes listed on this site and numerous I've googled haven't resolved the issue. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

No problems on my NOW Hub 2 setup using both my Android Tablet and Android smartphones.

The only changes that i have done on the Router web page settings was to split the 2.4ghz & 5ghz network (2.4ghz works better for me in my home environment) plus i disabled IPV6 over Lan.

The only other setting on my online account that i changed from it's Default PG13 was to set the Broadband Buddy to Age 18 (but this would have no bearing on wifi drop outs or loss of internet).