cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Connection Drop Outs

My Now TV broadband has been very unstable for at least the last few days or longer. I didn't notice the issue for a while because programs like netflix/youtube pre-load the video and re-connect quickly it doesn't effect them much.

Roughly every 30 seconds the internet drops out going from 50mbps to 1kbps in a few seconds. This happens on both wi-fi & ethernet, I managed to catch one of these drown swings on video.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JZ4dcbrwA5994ZFy7

You can't do anything that requires a constant connection such as downloads, live steaming or online games.

Ive gone through the basic troubleshooting such as restarting the box, changing my ethernet wire.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is the same o pay for Spotify and sadly it stops 29 second into song. I'm on a month to month . Broadband so I will cancel if it's not fixed.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I used to get dropouts on Spotify when casting between my Android Phone and Chromecast (wasn't every 29 seconds into a song though, where for me i would lose the wifi connection after playing a few songs).

What i did was this below on the NowTV Hub 2 Router web browser settings :-

Go into the Hub Router webpage settings using 192.168.0.1 then select the Advanced Tab, then when prompted type admin & nowtv, then select the secondary LAN IP Setup tab, then untick the box saying Enable IPV6 on Lan Side, then click the green Apply Button at the bottom of the page.

Might be worth a try and if it makes no difference whatsoever, then go back into the NowTV Hub Router again and enable IPV6 back to it's previous setting.

Also if you are using the Hub 2 Router and not the Hub 1, then whilst in the Router settings rename the 2.4ghz & 5ghz wifi bands.

Information below how to do it.

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices.

Here’s how to do it:

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks yea tried that . spoke to helpline twice today . they think i need a new box . so fingers crossed it will work . i wasn't casting just playing through my google home i even factory reset them too today . 

x