cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Connecting broadband to new TV

I am trying to connect my NOW broadband to a new Hisense TV. I put my password in but it is coming up as incorrect. I have checked and it is the right password.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Are you not able to connect via Ethernet?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Are you not able to connect via Ethernet?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

No problem using my NOW Hub Router with my Hisense Smart TV over wifi here.

First thing i would try is press and hold in the reset button on the back of the NOW Router for around 15 seconds and start the setup again on the Hisense TV (give it 5 minutes for your Router to settle back down).

Also double check the WiFi password where O and zero can be confusing.

If that doesn't work go into your NOW Router webpage settings and try using a different wifi password from the one that came with your Router.

I would also recommend splitting the two wifi networks on the NOW Hub 2.

Got a NOW Broadband Hub Two? Splitting the bands on your Hub to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it:

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.

Keep in mindYou need a NOW Broadband Hub Two to split your Wi-Fi bands. You can't do this with the older-style NOW Hub.