cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Connected without internet. Sky SR203 Router

Hi,

I've had Now TV broadband for a month or so now. The router that comes with it is shockingy poor. 

Did a bit of googling and saw the Sky SR203 Router was an ideal replacement. 

Bought one of eBay, it came today. I swapped or over it took a while but eventually it showed connected to internet. 

Hour or so later it said "connected without internet"

do I need to change a certain setting to allow the sky router to work with NOWTV broadband? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Bit of a long shot, where i am guessing you are not based in the South East of England where there is currently a major internet outage.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Bit of a long shot, where i am guessing you are not based in the South East of England where there is currently a major internet outage.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am in the south east in Kent. Oh is it all down? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

That's the reason you can't currently access the internet on your new Sky Router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just my luck I change router when there's an outage haha...it's back now. I thought it was the router issue. 

Thanks you've saved me hours of logging into the router and fiddling with stuff. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Forgot to mention yesterday.

If you need to do an online Technical Check or need to phone the NOW Broadband Team about your line, then temporary plug back in your NOW Hub Router.

Otherwise NOW will be reluctant to assist because they can only help when using their Router connected to the Internet and I am not sure if they can do further line checks their end with the Sky Router plugged in.

Then afterwards plug back in your Sky Router if you are happier with it's performance compared to the NOW Hub Router. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi sorry to jump on this thread and months later  .  Does the SR203 need any configuration ?

bb2
Advocate

It wouldn't need any special configuration.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thank you for your prompt reply,  do you know if you can use more than 1 booster ?