cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DelMalam
Mentor

Confused as to who is setting up my broadband.

Hoping someone can shed some light on this.

I live in the USA... but just purchased a property in Gloucestershire.

Set up for NOW to do install this morning for new broadband.  I have my sister waiting at the property.

We got 2 x Texts come through.   1 from SKY saying they can not send an engineer today.   

The second was from OPEN REACH saying that their tech will be there between 1 and 2.

I called NOW.  They said it is not showing in their system about the engineer not coming.

Is SKY and NOW part of the same company now?

Any advice?   Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
redchiz1
Champion 2

You could try the complaints number: 0800 759 1213.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DelMalam 

Sky and NOW are both owned by Comcast and have been since 2018 Comcast outbids Fox in a $39 billion takeover of SkyCNBChttps://www.cnbc.com › 2018/09/22 › sky-comc...

As a guess Sky might have engineers that will be able to help out. However the set up and selecting of the dates is handled by OpenReach as OpenReach maintain the network. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
DelMalam
Mentor

They make it confusing.  We got 2 x Texts.  One from Sky and one from Openreach.  NEITHER mention the NOW Broadband!   

Not a good start for NOW Broadband, as far as I am concerned.  😞    

Thanks for your reply though.

chilli2
Elite

@DelMalam  Did anyone turn up?

DelMalam
Mentor

Nope… no show!  Ugh!!

DelMalam
Mentor

I tried calling NOW this morning.... and i keep getting an automated voice answering the phone... sounds like Indian??   Does anyone have another number for these people... apart from the 0330 number?

Thanks

redchiz1
Champion 2

You could try the complaints number: 0800 759 1213.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DelMalam 

Give this one a try from the below link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
DelMalam
Mentor

Thanks guys.

Just called an 0800 number that I found for them.  Got through to an English woman from NOW.   Seemed really professional.. she explained that we are getting 5.88 pounds per day for each day it's not working.  That is nice.  She said I should hear back from her reschedule team by Monday.

Good job i can still tap into my neighbor's wifi!  lol   Even cheaper!  lol

Thanks for all of your advice! x