cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Compatible Router

My Now router has arrived but it doesn't have enough ports on the back (only 2 and no USB). Customer services suggest I buy a new router "from the Poundshop" (Huh?)  "Poundshop" aside, is there anything I need to consider before buying a new router - such as compatibility issues?

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I believe the newer Sky model SR203UK Router has four Ethernet ports on the back of it and some NOW Community Forum members have used this Router on their NOW Broadband service.

Perhaps somebody who is using this above Sky Router can confirm their experiences using it on the NOW Broadband service ?

Unfortunately i don't believe it offers USB.

With my NOW Hub 2 i use an 8 port unmanaged Ethernet switch (again no USB port on it).

Can't recommend a third party Router because i run the NOW Hub 2 Router (but maybe somebody on the forum can with a bit of messing around setting it up)

Don't know if it's possible to use your existing Router has a wireless access point with an Ethernet cable run between the NOW Hub Router and your existing Router and then using the Ethernet ports and USB port from directly off your existing Router.

Hopefully somebody with more IT knowledge than me, will come forward with some sound advice and options you have.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Don't know if this linked thread below helps in anyway or not ?

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/4-port-router-Ethernet/m-p/500531 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps It does in a way - thanks. It seems buying a new router with the ports I want is aka "Entering A World of Pain" - not to mention the expense. I'm looking into network switches - but unless I can get the USB port, a pretty key part of my smart home set-up goes dead.  Thanks for the time you've spent on this.